PROJECT: Plot 1, New Bailey
END CLIENT/DEVELOPER: Muse Developments
MAIN CONTRACTOR: Bowmer+Kirkland
MEP VALUE: £7.8M
SCOPE OF WORKS: New Bailey is a multi-million-pound mixed-use development situated in the heart of Salford, designed to deliver high quality office, leisure and retail facilities, along with substantial areas of public realm.
Currently under construction, Plot One, is a speculative build 160,000 sq. ft office block set out over seven storeys with double-height spaces incorporating full-height windows to connect with the outdoors. Featuring an innovative red-brick weave façade which reflects its local surroundings, the landmark building has been designed to act as the gateway to New Bailey, creating a new destination within the city and is located close to Salford Central Station.
- Design and build contract
- Full MEP services designed in BIM Level 2 with traditional installation to meet client driven specification
- Four-pipe fan coil system installed
- External lighting to the extensive public realm spaces to include feature lighting of a railway bridge, under croft car parking and colonnaded spaces
- BREEAM ‘Excellent’
- (GPU) Government Property Unit