PROJECT: Durham County Council HQ
END CLIENT/DEVELOPER: Durham County Council
MAIN CONTRACTOR: Kier
MEP VALUE: £5.7M
SCOPE OF WORKS: New build headquarters for Durham County Council (DCC) on the banks of the River Wear. This building will replace DCC’s current County Hall to create a smaller more energy efficient facility at the heart of the city’s growing Aykley Heads business district.
Constructed over five storeys (including a basement), the new HQ will benefit from 700 works spaces and will accommodate 1,000 staff. The remaining 850 staff will relocate to council office sites being developed throughout the county.
Making every effort to be as energy efficient as possible the HQ will use natural ventilation and cooling where possible and the lights will turn on and off when unoccupied and dim when enough natural light is available.
- Full range of MEP services to be installed
- Mixed-mode ventilation – fully BSM controlled
- VAV system installed
- Heavily serviced floor and ceiling voids
- Prefabricated floor void services and ground floor plantroom
- BIM Level 2 – services co-ordination
- BREEAM Excellent
- EPC ‘A’ rating
- DEC ‘B’