Location: Northumberland – Newbiggin & Lynemouth Schools
Client: Northumberland County Council
Main Contractor: Kier Construction
Scope of Work
Mechanical and electrical works to two primary schools as part of the Northumberland schools framework, consisting of a single storey and three tier building with atrium, hall, offices, classrooms and dedicated plant areas.
Mechanically the scheme was composed of underfloor heating/scredd installations, fresh air ventilation/toilet extract, domestic/drainage services and sprinklers. Low carbon and sustainable features of the design consist of mainly of Bio Mass boilers and associated plant, rainwater and heat recovery units.
Electrically the scheme consisted generally of Data cabling, small power, fire alarms, disabled facilities, external and internal lighting, security and CCTV development to secure by design standards.
- BREEAM ‘excellent’ achieved
- Design and Build
- Part L assessment carried out by Castle Building Services
- Energy performance rating B
- Prefabricated boilers skids were utilised to shorten time on site within the plant areas
- Modular cabling used for lighting installation
- Biomass boilers using wood chips
- Buildings fully sprinklered