Location: Regent Centre
Client: Fordgate Developments
Main Contractor: Bowmer and Kirkland
Scope of Work
Mechanical and Electrical works to a speculative 120,000sqft GIA, four story office block, consisting of two core areas, front atrium and two plant areas.
Mechanically the scheme was composed of a large VRF air conditioning system, fresh air ventilation/toilet supply and extract and domestic/drainage services to the core areas. Low carbon features of the design consist mainly of high efficiency run around coil type systems to the main air handling plant.
Electrically the scheme consisted generally of under floor small power, fire alarms, disabled refuge/intercom systems, lighting to offices and cores and feature lighting to the front core area and central courtyard.
- BREEAM ‘excellent’ achieved
- Design and Build
- Part L assessment carried out by Castle Building Services
- Energy Performance Rating B
- Prefabricated condenser skids, air handing units and boilers skids were utilised to shorten time on site within the plant areas.
- Prefabricated/pre-wired distribution boards utilised throughout.
- Modular cabling used for small power and lighting installation.
- On course for completion 2 months early